– explore different materials
– vote and explain their ideas on whether they think the material are solids, liquids or gases.
– Observe the properties of liquids
– identify that liquid materials flow and take the shape of the container
– identify the features of a fair test and predict which liquid is the most viscous
– work in teams to explore the viscosity of the liquid materials
What is in the contatiner?
Together we are going to be investigating the contents of each container and vote on whether they think each one is a solid, liquid or gas.
In each container is a subtance which is either a solid, liquid or gas, as a group you have to decide what it is and determine the properties that help make your decision.
How many groups thought that container one was a solid? liquid? or gas?
What challenges did you encounter?
What make it hard to decide?
What adjectives did we use to describe the contents for the containers?
What questions do we now have about solids, liquids and gases?
Science as a Human Endeav